Who's on First?

Welcome to my world!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Props to single parents!

With Eric being 'el presidente' of his bass club and fishing in the BFL tournaments, I have had to spend the majority of the weekends as a single parent. Toting around 3 kids to 3 different ballparks and either only seeing parts of each game or missing one or more altogether, is a real big pain in the tush! Not to mention, every other Saturday I am running on 2 hours of sleep or less. Don't get me wrong, when I work 3 nights, Eric has to pick up and take the kids to practice and games, but they usually are not all in the same night.

My mom spent the majority of my youth as a single parent and being a parent now, I can see how easy I have it and how tough she had it.

So props to all you single parents who make the sacrifice and put yourself on the back burner and give all you have to your kids so they can have a full life!!! You amaze me and I take my hat off to you...this sucks!

Needless to say it has already been established that Eric will NOT be so involved in the club next year! Having the help only one weekend a month...I am way over it!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for the props, we just need a little understanding sometimes!