Who's on First?

Welcome to my world!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pre-op done!

Well, my surgery is in just over 2 weeks away now. I am having it at my hospital and you would think that because I worked there I would get a little bump to the from right? NO!!! I sat in there for over 2 hours and that was AFTER my appointment with my Dr. I offered to have my blood drawn upstairs from one of the nurses I know, but they wouldn't let me do that either. What's the point of working in a hospital if you don't get any perks? I can't go on my floor and let them take care of me after surgery, everyone said absolutely not! Come on, all they have to do is make sure I don't have a fever and my incision looks good. We have surgical pts all the time, how different can it be? Heifer's! So, just because I work there doesn't mean I am not going to give the what-for about how long my pre-op took!!! I can get someone admitted, get their history, have them change into a gown, draw blood, start an IV with fluids going, have them fill out their "pink sheet", write an admission note AND do a vaginal exam in less than 30 minutes!!! Why did is take over 2 hours for all that to be done to me....minus the IV, change into a gown, admission note, oh and the vaginal exam! Only 8 more days to work before I have 3 months off.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I'd happily wait two hours for a pre-op to let me off work for three months. Be thankful your hospital only took two hours, mine takes more! It does stink though that you can't go to your floor for care after surgery. But hey, that's what Eric, the kids and I am for! We'll be praying for you.