Who's on First?

Welcome to my world!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

3 up, 3 down

Well, the tournament was a bust. They played and lost their 3 games. Makenna played very well but struck out twice. She blamed it on the slow pitcher, instead of waiting on the ball she was way ahead of it and just couldn't do it. She hasn't struck out in a long time! First game she played short and caught. She even caught her first pop-up behind the plate...to which I didn't get a picture of! She hit well, stole bases and got into the most amazing pickle I have ever seen and ended up beating it out at third! It was incredible! They lost 6-3. The second game, how should I say this....I threatened to pull her off the field if she didn't act like she wanted to play. They ended up losing 8-5 to a team they should NOT have lost to. Third and final game she caught the whole game and it was HOT, she did great! Even though she struck out twice, she played defense really well. They lost 4-1. That's it, 3 games, 2 that should have been won and 1 that was played really well both offensively and defensively. I hate 3 game wraps, they always have weired brackets!!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

Sorry to hear Makenna's team lost, but glad to hear she played well - at least as long as she was giving it her all. I hate losing!