Who's on First?

Welcome to my world!

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

menagerie of stuff...

Lets see where to start... I am almost 2 weeks post-op and so far I am very pleased with my recovery. My family was about good for 3 days of taking care of me and come to think about it I slept for those 3 days. They will help now if I ask, but they aren't falling all over themselves to help mom! I've cut down on the pain pills, so my spelling should be better! LOL!!

May 4th was my 40th birthday. To Eric, a birthday is just another day, so he never goes all out for anyones birthday. Makenna had a 3 hour practice, then she played pick-up for another team. Needless to say I spent my birthday at the ballpark however, there is no place I would rather spend my birthday!!!! Makenna did what she was supposed to as a pick up player and played well. The poor thing was so tired!! She worked hard during her own practice and then plaed 2 games on someone elses team. I think that last game she actually fell asleep standing up in left field! It was just a good thing no ball came to her and the 3rd baseman didn't miss any balls.

Makenna has been made team captain for her travel team. Right now she is co-captain but, in the fall she will be all alone. Last night was the first game as co-captain and Eric and I were quite disappointed in her attitude. They were losing and in the 4th inning she just gave up. On the way home, with tears flowing, we had a discussion about what it means to be a team captain! Hopefully there will be no more giving up on her team!

We have one free day this week, friday night. If I could sit for any length of time I would kidnap my husband and make him take me on a date, but my can't just can't do that as of yet.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Read that last sentence - the spelling might be better, but now the grammar is all wrong, ha ha!

Hey, I'm thinking Eric owes you a big night out for your birthday and Mother's Day so if you need someone to take the kids, just let me know!

As for Makenna, team captain is a harsh position for her age, but she can do it, she's spirited and competitive, so no doubt she'll be influential with her teammates. Give her time to adjust and then watch her flourish!